American University · Washington, DC · May 2019
- BA in PR/Strat Comm · Minor in Sociology · 3.77 GPA (cum laude) · Abroad: Brazil
Hackley School · Tarrytown, NY · Jun 2015
PR Intern · Stratacomm LLC · Washington, DC · Feb 2019 – present
Podcast Host · Workie Institute for Social and Educational Research · Arlington, VA · Aug 2018 – Jan 2019
- Produced a 10-episode podcast series on promoting inclusion in schools and the workplace.
Student Ambassador · CET Academic Programs · Washington, DC · Jan 2018 – Dec 2018
- Published 5 blogs to the company website as the official São Paulo abroad program blogger.
- Promoted company to prospective students at class info-sessions, fairs, and sponsored events.
Marketing Specialist · Open Door Family Medical Centers · Ossining, NY · Jun 2012 – Jan 2018
- Launched a grassroots relocation campaign that collected 800 signatures, mobilized a lobbying group, and published an article that was “Top 5 Trending” for 2 weeks on local Patch news site.
- Trained over 600 clients/100 staff in the use of electronic health records app, Healow. Wrote script and starred in app promotional video that finished 3rd in developer’s national competition.
- Measured service delivery by conducting 9 focus groups and 4,000 surveys. Insights were used to amend staff training, enhance digital branding, and target new markets.
- Organized 50+ outreach events in partnership with local businesses and public officials.
Executive Director · American University PRIDE · Washington, DC · Aug 2015 – Dec 2017
- Supervised a team of 8 that developed, funded, and promoted events for LGBTQ students.
- Managed weekly newsletter reaching over 250 and social media accounts reaching 3,000+ students/alumni.
- Founded mentorship program to pair new students with upperclassmen, faculty, and alumni.
- Served on panels and facilitated trainings on awareness and inclusion of LGBTQ students.
Outreach Intern · U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand · New York, NY · May 2017 – Aug 2017
- Monitored media and constituent opinions to support Senior Policy Advisor in drafting press statements.
- Set up A/V equipment and directed hundreds of guests/staff at press events and town halls.
- Drafted and edited grants, media advisories, media pitches, newsletters, and press releases.
Admin Intern · U.S. Congresswoman Nita Lowey · White Plains, NY · May 2015 – Jan 2017
- Helped develop a strategic plan to address crisis involving local hospital’s medical records leak.
- Scheduled Congresswoman for over 50 event appearances and oversaw office calendar.
Admin Intern · N.Y. Assemblywoman Sandy Galef · Ossining, NY · Jun 2013 – Aug 2013
- Researched and drafted a healthcare bill advocating for accessible nutrition labels.
- Appeared on and composed questions for weekly public-access cable show, Sandy’s Corner.
- Edited and wrote articles for monthly constituent newsletter. Drafted grants, invitations, and media pitches.
Certifications · Brandwatch, Google, Meltwater Analytics · CITI Human Research · First Aid/CPR · AFAA Group Exercise
Languages · Spanish, native · Portuguese, conversational · French, conversational
Software · Adobe Suite · Canva · Cision · iMovie · Microsoft Office · intertrac · NPG · PicMonkey · Sprout Social · WordPress
US State Dept Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship · Nov 2017
Awarded competitive grant to study in São Paulo, Brazil and was later selected to maintain blog.
Hackley School Royal A. Clark Award · Jun 2015
Awarded to graduating senior who demonstrated commitment to leadership and service.
New York State Assembly Certificate of Merit · Aug 2014
Awarded for organizing school auction and raising $3,600 for Open Door Family Medical Centers.